Stratton windows all have a high thermal efficiency. However, if insulating your home is your number one priority our triple glazed windows are ideal. Our incredibly thermal efficient multi chambered windows contain the latest window technology. When teamed up with our 36mm triple glazed sealed unit we can achieve an A+20 rated window. This will provide you with a U-value of 1.0 helping to keep your home at a comfortable temperature all year round We have been installed double glazed windows to Norfolk and Suffolk since 1979. Since then technology has moved on considerably. We are now installing the latest in window technology. Our A rated double glazed windows will help keep your home cosy and warm in the winter and cool in the summer. We are registered planitherm installers, which means we only install the highest quality sealed units to your windows for optimal clarity. Norfolk and Suffolk are filled with colourful homes. Stratton Glass and Windows now offer a coloured window. Our uPVC windows come in a selection of foiled colours including the traditional rosewood, oak and mahogany finishes we now offer a many more including cream, grey, chartwell green and many more! For details please don’t hesitate to call us for a no obligation quotation. Alternatively you can download a free brochure from our downloads section. Astrical bars
Astrical bars or mounted bars are attached to the outside of the sealed units, which when coupled with the internal spacer grid between the glass it provides an authentic appearance of a traditional timber window.
Internal Georgian bars are the less costly way to achieve the Georgian bar effect. We construct a grid, which is suspended in between the panes of glass. The other benefit of internal bars is the ease of cleaning!
Leaded windows are very popular in Norfolk and Suffolk. We offer an extensive range of leaded windows and doors. We can provide simple leaded designs such as a grid, boarder lead or queen anne lead. If you are feeling more adventurous we can construct a bespoke leaded double glazed unit to any design. We can even work from photographs! For some inspiration download our decorative glass designs from the downloads section.
Our Liniar Windows are made to the highest standard. The benefits are that they are:
1. Made in England
2. Our Liniar 6 size optimised chambers break up mini convention currents locking in warm air to help insulate your home.
3. Superior high performance (patented) double-action “bubble” gaskets maintain a continuous weather seal keeping the elements at bay.
4. Integrated reinforcing provides exceptional strength whilst minimising the requirement for steel support.
5. The Liniar profile has specially designed contours to maximise natural drainage thereby helping to prevent moisture build up.
6. ERA “bear grip” locking system with twin hook technology to deter against attack.
7. Opposing wedges are installed on the hinge side to prevent levering the window open.
8. Lockable handles add to the multi point locking system so even if the glass is smashed the intruder cannot open the window without a key.
9. Our windows are internally glazed meaning that the glass can only be removed from the inside of the property for added security.
10. They are hand finished and inspected before leaving the factory to ensure your windows are looking as they should.
11. 100% lead free. Due to the impact of lead on the eco system we are extremely proud to supply one of the few window and door systems which are 100% lead free.
12. Our uPVC windows can be either chamfered or sculptured.
Aluminium windows are known for their robust durable features but traditionally were not very thermally efficient. Though not as thermally efficient as uPVC due to its conductive properties our aluminium windows are now provided with a “thermal break” which separates the outside aluminium from the inside. This keeps each layer separate allowing the inside to stay warmer. When combining this with our high performance double glazed units we can achieve an A rating.
Timber windows are the traditional option. These are handmade in either softwood or hardwood and can be made in any style. We can provide slim sealed units for the traditional look with the benefits of high insulation properties. Alternatively we can provide a deeper double of triple glazed unit for further increased performance
Local – We have showrooms in both Long Stratton and Diss, Norfolk. As a small family run company we primarily rely on recommendation. Therefore good quality customer service is paramount to us.
Established – We have been trading as a family run company since 1979. Committed to providing good quality windows, doors and conservatories locally to Norfolk and Suffolk.
Honest – We have a strict policy of no high pressure sales in addition to this our salesman are extremely experienced within the industry, have a wide product knowledge and only sell high quality products for competitive prices. This means we don’t give false promises.
Secure – Whilst we have been trading since 1979 and intend to keep going for years to come. Our 10 year guarantee is insurance backed meaning that your windows, doors and conservatories are guaranteed no matter what giving you peace of mind.
Quality – We only install the highest quality products. We believe that one of the reasons that we have been trading for so long is due to our high quality products, which are hassle free and low maintenance. Secondly our strident vetting of our installers means our customers receive the quality of workmanship they expect.
At Stratton we understand the importance of a thermally efficient home. By reducing your fossil fuel usage our windows will help you contribute towards saving the environment with the added bonus of saving you money on energy bills. Our windows & doors range from C rated double glazed all the way up to A++ rated high performance triple glazed windows achieving lower us values when compared with other windows.
What are U value’s
U values are the measurement of the effectiveness of a material to insulate in building. If the material has a high insulation value then the u value is low. Single glazed windows will typically achieve a 4.0 u value but with our double glazed windows we can achieve a 1.3 u value and our triple glazed windows are reduced even further to 1.0.
- C rated (u value 1.6 W/m2K)
- This achieves the minimum value to meet building regulations.
- A Rated (u value 1.3 W/m2K)
- Our A rated window delivers powerful thermal performance using the patented, multi chambered eco frame.
- A+ rated (u value 1.3-1.0 W/m2K)
- Using our pioneering A rated window the A+ option embraces modern glazing technology.
- A++ rated (u value 0.97 W/m2K)
- Our exclusive A++ triple glazed eco window offers unparalleled efficiency and security.